Sunday, September 15, 2013

Macklemore

Iced vanilla white chocolate mocha, half-filled with off-brand Kaluha and Hawkeye vodka.  Macklemore Pandora station, dance party by myself on a Sunday afternoon.  Oh, and cleaning my room.  Dishes next.  And the thing is, this is fun.  Like seriously fucking fun.

I like a lot of things, and I think I'm pretty good at finding enjoyment even in things that aren't, well, my thing.  But when I make a list of the times I've really been happiest, when I have felt the most myself, and when I have truly believed that "myself" is a great thing to be, most of those times have been by myself.  Driving out to Milwaukee for the Wisconsis State Fair, spending a lazy afternoon with a book and a blanket in my backyard or a lakefront, dancing in my house by myself.

Can we go back
This is the moment
Tonight is the night, we'll fight till it's over
So we put our hands up like the ceiling can't hold us
Like the ceiling can't hold us

No comments: