Friday, April 27, 2012

I bought these shoes, and



I've enjoyed wearing my fake Chucks (with felt glued to the bottom) as dance shoes in ballroom.  I feel all hip and ironic and stuff.  I thumb my nose at the gold-shoe club.  I refuse to wear skimpy little heels.  But it's hard to dance when I feel like a parody of a dancer.  So these might be a good compromise.  I won't get better if I don't stop laughing at myself.  And I want to get better.  I had a lesson yesterday, in a real studio, with a mirror, and personal instruction, and it was amazing, I want I want I want.  So I splurged and bought new shoes.

But the big thing, really, is what I realized during the last post, which is that want to save up for a trip.  Definitely out of the country, probably out of the continent, by myself.  It might take a year, maybe two, to save.  I want to pay off my credit cards and then have enough on top of that to go comfortably, but I can do that.  I am not who I was, and I need to make new stories.

No comments: