Thursday, April 5, 2012

Eventually I figure things out

The UI Swing Club is changing it's lesson days in the fall, and the new day conflicts with the UI Ballroom Club.  Which is stupid, I know.  But there are also tango lessons on Tuesdays and Salsa lessons (I use the term very loosely, given my experiences there) on Wednesdays, and the instructors have their own schedules to work around, and I'm the only person in both clubs so it's not like they're going to switch everything around to best fit one person.  My first response was horror.  I couldn't possibly choose.  But I realized that I have made a choice, and I'm keeping the ballroom.  Which is odd, because I keep telling the ballroom people that I'm a swing dancer, and I'm always the most excited when we do swing (or swing-like-variations) in ballroom, so why not pick the club that always does swing?  Especially when I get along so much better with the swing club?

I don't know.  It might be the dances.  It might be the way the lessons are run.  It might be because I'm a swing dancer, and don't have anything to prove.  But I know that I spend half the week looking forward to Mondays.  I go back and check the class calendar to see what we'll be dancing next week.  When I get tired of that, I spend my free time checking the local ballroom dance studio to see if they have calendars up yet for May, because the minute the club stops for the summer, I'm taking lessons.  I'm thinking I might still sign up for the last three weeks of April.  After all, I definitely have Wednesdays free now.

I love this.  I love this so much, I'm astonished that I didn't notice before. 

No comments: