Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More thoughts on Commie Pinko (another numbered list)


1.  In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have live-blogged my every thought while writing.  My blog presence is linked to my Real Name, which means that I am not actually anonymous.  And since names were not to be attached to submissions until after judging, I should have taken care to not attach my name to my submission in a public space.  Sorry.

2.  I made myself a reference sheet for the entries so I could keep track of them.  Just a list with story title, synopsis, and opinion, not more than a few sentences for each.  It was highly entertaining.  I can't show you yet, maybe never, because some of them are not particularly kind, so you'll have to pretend that you've read something funny and clever here.

3.  I am working on a few small extensions to CH3.  With the extended version, I think that I really should re-name Sheila.  So the question is, what kind of name is Sheila?  I have no memory of hearing the name in any other context, or referring to any other person.  Is it old-fashioned?  Girly?  Plain?  What kind of person do you picture with that name?  Help!

4.  The version of CH3 available for judging is finally acceptable.  It's still got question marks instead of apostrophes, and no italics to speak of, but those are unimportant.  No one thinks that it?s is anything but a formatting error, and while I do like my italics, they are there as guidelines rather than imperatives.  They don't change the meaning of a sentence, they help direct the way it should sound.  I can live without them.  This is an enormous relief.

1 comment:

Diatryma said...

I am poking at the SSN baby name database. Sheila peaked in 1965; the top 20 for that year includes Pamela, which actually feels like Sheila only... Sheila is tall and pointy and thin, Pamela is shorter and rounder and slower. You could do the same sort of poking. Tons of fun, I think.