Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It's a GREAT song.


Photo by Jen Waicukauski

There's this Regina Spektor song, from the album she got famous with, and I used to sing it all the time, because it was amazing and perfect, although it turned out that my boyfriend hated it, but he never complained.

Hey remember that time when I found a human tooth down on Delancey

Hey remember that time when my favorite colors were pink and green 



Also by Jen Waicukauski (These are old, beaten up, contact sheets.  Her final prints were MUCH nicer.)

Hey remember that month when I only ate boxes of tangerines

I don't have much in the way of old diaries or journals, and I've lost most of the poetry I used to write.  What I have are these negatives, strange and silly and lovable and terrible.

Here's that time when I sewed a dress made entirely out of Christmas tree tinsel and made cheesecake poses on a tree skirt for my friend's final project.

Here's that time when I dressed up in a tank top, leather corset, tutu, and doll makeup and sat in a bathtub.

Here's that time when every photo I took was out of focus.  And then the time when I took every photo three times, in three stages of focus.

Here's that time when I shot everything from a moving car.

Here's that time when I shot everything from inside a plastic bag full of water.

Here's that time when I took secret photos of the guy I had a crush on and then wrote a (non-rhyming) sonnet about having a crush, and printed the sonnet on top of the photo of his face and I had to critique it in secret so he wouldn't find out.

Here's when I switched from 35mm to 4x5, and here's when I switched to Holga, pinhole, here's that photo I took while standing in the middle of Times Square in the rain, using a paint can with film taped inside for a camera.  Here's when I started using my boyfriend's camera.  Here's when it became my ex-boyfriend's camera.  Here is San Diego, Baltimore, Berkeley, Oakland, Omaha, Iowa City, New York City, Newark, Delaware, and St. Augustine.  And a few roads in between.

Here is a llama:



No comments: