Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I HATE writing cover letters.

But since I spent the time doing it, and Cassie put in the time talking me down from much snarkier versions, I thought I'd post it here. 

They said:



And I wrote:





Oh, and in the off-chance that they accept, my bio will read:

Angela's first and only published poem appeared twelve years ago in The Iowa Review. Since then, she's moved from San Diego to Oakland to Iowa City, where she received an MFA in Photography from The University of Iowa. She lives with two knitters, two cats, and an often bewildered dog.

I don't think that this piece is as good as CH3, but I think it's good enough to try.  One of the writers in my radio class used it in her writing class as an example (I think, not of anything in particular, just part of an optional reading list or something like that), and one of her students though it was amazing, so I have some data to back me up.  It does bother me, though, that I don't think it's as good.  I want to tell them, no look, see I can do better!

If I had one more poem I liked at all, I could send out the sestinas, but I only have two, and two poems is an inappropriately small number to submit.

If I ever finished Heat Transfer, I could send that.

I apparently need a new Commie Pinko.  It has to be a real Commie Pinko, though, not a fake one I make up to motivate myself.  I tried that already.


No comments: