Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Seeing Other People





I feel a little guilty sending this because Jeremy & I haven't had the "what are we doing" conversation, and I think he's assuming that we're in a monogamous relationship, which is not an absurd assumption.

We've seen each other or talked on the phone every day for a week.

But I'm not ready to give this up. I don't want to stop looking and meeting people. It's such a cliche, but I don't want to feel tied down. I've spent my life going from one committed relationship to another, jumping in right away, and now that I'm "dating" for the first time, I don't want to give it up.

I talked to Jeremy on the phone for a while last night and it reminded me that I do like him even without physical contact. But then I got off the phone and wrote this message.

Unfortunately, what this means is, I need to have the talk with Jeremy. I don't want to. I am the Queen of Avoiding Difficult Conversations. But it's not fair to let him keep going on a misunderstanding, and it will only get worse the longer it goes. Also, I'd rather break the news that I'm still looking to date other people, as opposed to breaking the news that I am dating other people. And even that would be better than him just finding me out on a date.

So, tonight. I guess. Wish me luck.

No comments: