Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Summer Vacation in Jacksonville, Part VII

odds and ends

I ate gator tail, conch fritters and crab balls in St. Augustine. I liked the conch fritters best.

When people in Iowa City see me, they tell me how thin I've gotten, how good I'm looking. Because they remember me 60 pounds ago, and compared to that I'm tiny. And when I wear my clothes, I look better in them than I ever did before. It was easy to feel satisfied. And I can't be satisfied yet. Meeting people for the first time reminded me that, without the 245 lb comparison, people are still going to see fat when they meet me. Trying on new clothes reminded me that there are still things I want to wear but can't. And then there was Bryan to show that it isn't automatically a deal-killer.

I am still glowing over Bryan. Not in a wishing-it-wasn't-over kind of way, but a I'm-glad-I-had-that-experience kind of way. When the crush was fading I was wondering what would be in its place, wondering if I would feel about him the way I did with B. (at least this time I would be able to leave the state instead of talking to him). But I just feel affectionate and strangely protective. I really hope things with this new girl work out.

I kissed Fenna. It was good.

No comments: