Monday, June 24, 2013

DIY

Also, since I am moving and painting, I am also making (and trying to restrain) grandiose Awesome DIY Home Plans.  Which means I'm becoming very familiar with home magazines and DIY Pinterest boards and lifestyle blogs.  And in a week I've decided that there is way too much of the following things in the world right now:

1.  Chevrons.

2.  Things with words on them saying what they are or an inspirational word.  Kitchen.  Hang Up.  School Supplies.  Laundry Room.  Keys.  His.  Hers.  Love.  Friendship.  Happiness.  I realize that I do a lot of things with text, like every shirt I made, ever, but this is really getting on my nerves.

3.  Chevrons.

4.  Things labeled as DIY that are essentially, "learn furniture making."  If the steps involved in turning a pallet into a coffee table are 9/10 the same as the steps involved in turning lumber into a coffee table, then it doesn't belong on the same list as "replace the drawer pulls on your cabinets to totally refresh the look!" 

Seriously.  We can all stop now.

No comments: