Monday, December 17, 2012

The question isn't.

He wants to tell me that he loves me.  I think that, unless I tell him not to, he will tomorrow night.

And so, I am trying to decide if I want to stop him.

If the question were simply, "Do I want him to?" the answer is, "No."

But the question, "Do I want to stop him?" isn't quite the same. 

I do think that this relationship is more than what it was.  I do want him to know that this relationship matters to me.  But I also think that there's more than this.  I think that we can be more than this.

But that isn't really the point, either.  The question isn't "Is he wrong?"  Because he gets to decide what he feels.  The question is whether or not I want to stop him from saying what he's decided he feels.

I said, I don't know.  I wish I could tell you yes, but I can't.  I don't know.  I'm sorry.

No comments: