Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 3, part 1: Another Reckoning

10:30 am, Monday. 209 pounds. Loss this week: 5 pounds. Total loss: 8 pounds.

This week I learned that when I am invited to a party with large quantities of really good food, eating a small meal directly beforehand so that I won't eat there doesn't necessarily work.
 
I'm not sure what the solution is.  Next time, don't let myself even have a few snacks?  It's easier to maintain an extreme position than a moderate one.  Next time, go late enough that people won't really be eating?  Sucks when the party revolves around watching a TV show together.  Maybe do like Emily does and bring my own special food so I have something to snack on while everyone is eating, but it's veggies & low-cal dipping sauce?  I can still eat too much of that, but at least it won't do as much damage as eating too much fajitas. 

On the other hand, I was also reminded that what goes on in a day can be taken off in two.  Real disasters take time.

No comments: