Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Summer Vacation in Berkeley, part V

Illustrations:

.

I used to love these things when I was a kid. Probably not because I actually liked the taste any better than any other sugary option, but because I only got them on rare occasions. This one you see here may actually be the only one I've ever eaten while in the United States. That made them exotic, and therefore special, and therefore desirable and delicious. I got this package (along with 9 others) for 30 cents in Chinatown in Oakland. They taste pretty awful.




Kurt

This is my Uncle Kurt. Just so you know, his eyes were in focus, but his glasses make them soft. I was careful.




Mike

Mike. I may have mentioned him before.

All three photos were taken in my aunt & uncle's kitchen, which is beautiful, and sunny, and a great place to make pie for breakfast. I love pie for breakfast any time, but I especially love it in this kitchen.

.

I have photos of other important figures, and may dole them out later to break up more strings of text. It's good to have a few backups for the next time I start talking too much.

No comments: