Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Summer Vacation in Berkeley, part II

The Wedding

Jane looked wonderful. The flowers were lovely. The food was delicious. The drinks were complimentary. I stuck with lemonade.

I feel like it was mostly distinguished by my own sense of awkwardness. There were all the women in cocktail dresses. There was my cousin Gladys, beautiful and friendly, classy and cosmopolitan. She has a posh accent. She recently moved from Sydney back to Hong Kong. And there was me, not exactly posh. I was both very grateful that I’d chosen to not get my lip pierced the day before, and further resolved to get it done the very next day.

My uncle Joseph, who seems to have only two subjects to address with me – my weight and my relationship with my mother – said this time that I was less fat than before, and I should call my mother.

That is an entry in itself, though. Maybe more than one.

No comments: