Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

8:05 am and I was already struggling to not rain on everyone's parade on Facebook.  I managed to just close the app without announcing my departure.  But I have half a dozen flounces written out in my head.

I don't think it's ever bothered me so much before.  Most of the time I'm oblivious. I mean, I manage to not be aware of Easter, which is arguably a much bigger holiday.  (On one hand, mostly just celebrated by Christians, on the other hand, they care a lot more about it.) But this time, something about the explosion of Mother's Day on Facebook has pushed my buttons and I'm just really grumpy about it.

Maybe some of it is that I might have called my grandmother today.  Or, at least I could have, or known that I should. And even if I usually forgot to do anything, I knew there were things to do.  This is the first year that there really isn't a call I should be making.

I am glad that your mother is awesome.  I just don't want to hear it right now.

No comments: