Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Further Adventures in Medication: Meta Adventures

Now that I finally HAVE my drugs, I have started taking them again, as of this morning.

I remember that, in the past, when I have started my meds after a significant time away, I acquire a temporary anxiety disorder.  The only-sleeping-five-hours-a-night and filled-with-panic-and-a-sense-of-impending-doom kind.  The I-don't-know-what-I'm-afraid-of-but-I'm-sure-it's-happening-oh-shit kind.  I've never had an anxiety disorder, so I don't know if how I feel is similar, but anxiety is the best word I can think of to describe my starting-meds state.  Luckily, it isn't too extreme, and it doesn't last more than a few days at most.  And it only happens when I can't manage to be a grownup and get my refills on time.

So now that I am starting my meds again, I wonder, am I going to get anxious?  Am I anxious now?  I just had a feeling of worry!  Maybe it's the anxiety!

I am anxious that I might be becoming anxious.

No comments: