Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year

So on Monday, Fenna calls me during pub knit (yes, pub knit!) and says "it's really too bad that you can't come swing dancing in Cinncinati with me on New Year's." And I say "that's really too bad, it would be perfect."


On Tuesday, I borrowed her tattoo money (plus $100 in cash from her mother) so I could get a plane ticket.


On Thursday, I was in Akron.


On Friday, I was in Akron, then in Columbus, then in Cinncinati, and I was dancing to the song I always love dancing to (L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole), and then I was dancing to the song I'd always wanted to try (Bad Things, by Jace Everett). I got to be the crazy girl from Iowa with an awesome story, and a kiss and a drink at midnight.


On Saturday I was in Dayton, and then every country road between Dayton and Akron.


On Sunday I was in Cleaveland, and then I was home.

No comments: