Thursday, February 5, 2009

Odds and Ends

I feel pretty lousy.

It could be worse, and it will be if I throw up. I know what it does to my body, and I know what it does to my head. I won't do it.

* * *

cotton candy

I just spent two critiques listening to people tell me I should do tilt/shift work. See, because with a view camera, or a t/s lens, I can have most of the photo out of focus, but still have some small sharp detail!

(sigh)

I know that. But at the end of the day, what you have isn't really that different from a plain ol' 80mm at f/2.8. You got something nice and crisp. You got anything a few inches away from that all soft and smushy. If I wanted shallow depth of field, I'd shoot with a shallow depth of field. And I sure as hell wouldn't be making this stuff.


* * *

And last, I have further yarn updates:

part 2

This is the second skein of the beaded yarn a few posts down. It will look a bit like a Tequila Sunrise when it's done. Or autumn leaves. You can take your pick, I like 'em both.

No comments: