Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ghost Picture part 2


Something else to ponder, besides the nature of ghosts, is what kind of thing I am writing.  I know that it's nonfiction, which just means that anything that isn't true or real needs to be framed as such.  (One of the interesting things about nonfiction is the lengths it can be stretched.  I can tell a story entirely from my imagination, as long as the story is framed so that the reader knows.)

I could write a biography or account of a historical event.  But that seems unlikely.  I'd have to, you know, learn stuff first.

(Although, I could write about something I already know.  Like photography.  Which happens to be the subject of the prompt.  This deserves some thought.)

I still probably won't write a biography or historical event.  But I might write an instruction manual for silver gelatin printing.

Which means that a photograph is exactly the right prize to send in. 


Brother Mark and Brother Augustin, St. Albert's Priory, Oakland CA

No comments: