Tuesday, May 19, 2009

things I write while avoiding grading

computers are dangerous things to have to do work on

I have recently begun to allow people to call me Angie. It's the first time since I was six or seven, I think. I still would never introduce myself that way; I have a preference and if you ask I'll tell you what it is. But it seems to please people to use a nickname, and I find that I don't mind it all that much anymore. Funny that now I'm about to be officially Old I'm starting to acquire this childhood trait again.

Bruegger's Bagels: egg & bacon bagel and a large Brueggerccino simultaneously wrecking my diet and my budget. At least it's efficient.

It's a kind of miracle that I manage to get to class at 9:00 am over summer. It's a special kind of miracle when I forget to set the alarm and still make it there. I owe my subconscious a big fat favor for somehow waking me up 10 minutes before the bus came this morning.

Grades are now due in 2 1/2 hours. I think. The email said "due Tuesday," which could mean a variety of things, but I think it's safest to assume that's Tuesday at 5:00 CST.

I have ambitions of being a hard teacher, but I never succeed.

No comments: