Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Two conversations

1. A conversation between me and a print service representative last weekend.

ME: What do you do?
HIM: We make silver gelatin prints from digital files.
ME: So, it's a printing service?  People send you files, and you make the prints? 
HIM: Yes.  Do you know what that means?
ME: Yes.
HIM: It means that we expose silver gelatin paper with a special device and then process it in chemicals in the darkroom.
I am a 33 year old woman at the annual conference for the Society for Photographic Education.  I have a badge that identifies me as Not a Student.  And I just got 'splained about the darkroom.

2.  I have a crush on the woman who works in the cafe at Studio Arts.  I've mentioned this, I think.  She's beautiful and nice and provides me with food.  So, obviously, crush.

Yesterday she said I was cute.  In a totally casual, relating something she'd said to a friend, kind of way.

No comments: