Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Petty Grievances

I finally set up an RSS feed.  I think. That's what Google Reader is, right?  Anyway, once I got over the wow this is so convenient I should have done it sooner, I realized a problem.  It's too convenient.  I don't need to spend any time checking things, because it's all being checked, all the time, and it will alert me when there's something new.

Dammit.

I weighed myself this morning at 190.8 pounds.  It was a little disappointing.  I waited a bit, I tried to pee, just in case.  I weighed myself again: 191.4 pounds.  Maybe that was a glitch.  I tried again: 191.4.  And again, same.  So I wrote "190" down in my spreadsheet.

A list of online dating pet peeves:

"I like to have fun,"
"My favorite books are Lolita..."
"My tastes are all over the place!"
 
Everyone likes to have fun.  Duh.  I would SO jump on a profile if someone said they hated fun. 

I read Lolita.  And I have a very hard time believing that 60% of Iowa City "loves" that book.  I'm pretty sure that 99% of them are lying.

The New Elitists

No comments: