Wednesday, July 18, 2012

132


I am overly concerned about the possibility of HSB tonight.  Who might not even be there.  And might not be anything at all.  However, in the chance that he might be there and it might matter, I am wearing my YOU'RE AWESOME shirt and a skirt that will twirl and not clash with sparkly pink shoes.

I am 0.4 lbs lighter this morning than the more optimistic of the measurements yesterday.  Still at 190, though. 

Learning lead in waltz, foxtrot, and tango is much harder for me than rumba, cha cha, and east coast swing was.  Well, I'd already learned ECS, so it's just the other two.  I think that some of it is because rumba and cha cha are the same pattern for lead and follow, just offset by four counts, while waltz, foxtrot, and tango are actually new steps, not just the ones I've been doing in a different order.  I didn't really realize how much I was using muscle memory until I tried doing something without it.

I want to write down that THIS IS HARD, so that when I am good at it, I can come back, quote this entry, and gloat.

No comments: