Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Spoilers, spoilers.

More big shit went down in fantasyland today.  The stuff that had been semi-hinted-at-slash-spoiled happened.  Which was still surprising, in the timing and the specifics, and the cut scene consequences (I haven't played enough to get the final consequences).  They really like to spring Really Big Decisions in the middle of dialog that you have to make immediately, there's no "let me think about that and get back to you in a minute" option.  And this time it's followed by a really, really long cut scene before you can reload and try a different iteration.

I am starting to make decisions based on plotting out multiple playthroughs.  Like, if I want Teryna Jenny to rule with Alistair, then she's going to have to compromise and go with Morrigan's plan.  Otherwise it will be a only-one-throne-necessary kind of rule.  So if Teryna Jenny and Alistair both need to get to the end, and Dwarf Jenny will be sacrificing Logain, and I want a variety of permutations, then Mage Jenny is going to have to take one for the team.

And it's funny to me, since I've gone to all this trouble to keep Mage Jenny and Alistair together, only to pick an ending where one won't survive.  But, dammit, I'm going to keep them together for as long as I possibly can.  I have seen hints of a "last night together" moment, and I'm not letting him go without one.  Or at least, trying my best for one.  It's looking a little late, but I'm still hoping.

No comments: