Monday, April 26, 2010

.

Most of the time my blog title is just a title. Most of the time, I am not really talking to myself. But sometimes that really is all I want, a place to put things I might otherwise forget. And it's strange to put it here, but I don't have a super secret, special, blog-for-me, so here it goes anyway.

I want to grin madly. I want to share. I want someone to know how I feel, which is a profound sense of joy and gratitude. But it feels strangely boastful, and yet feels like not enough to boast about. Someone gave me a compliment. That's all.

Today, Lisa thanked me for my presence in sculpture workshop this semester. She said that I always said what needed to be said, that my part in discussion was thoughtful and insightful, so much that she made a point to thank me for it.

It means so much to me, to be admired by someone I admire, to be told that my participation improves a class where I often feel outclassed, ignorant, or just someone who talks too much.

No comments: